New MDX-D850 Housing For Nikon D850 DSLR
Japanese manufacturer, Sea & Sea has released a new underwater housing for the Nikon D850 DSLR, with a new, precision machined design that makes the dimensions of the housing similar to those of the camera, and reduces the weight of the housing by approximately 11 per cent (350g/12.3oz) over the previous MDX-D810 housing.
Frequently used main and sub-command dials are located directly on the right side of the housing. ISO, REC and other camera functions can be operated by external levers whilst still holding the grips, and the AF lock function allows you to fix the focus point as required. All the dials have a damper spring to prevent slip of the controls, even if the dimensions of the cameras are slightly different, or if gears or other components are slightly worn.
The new MDX-850 is compatible with Sea & Sea's optical YS Converter/N1 for MDX housings, which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and manual strobe modes can be used and controlled from the housing using a Fiber-Optic Cable II.
- The port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the port lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use the housing.
- Pulling out the focus/zoom dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in dark environment.
- Equipped with the optical vewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as the VF180, VF45 and optical viewfinder 0.8x can be used.
- Sync Cord 2-pin connector enables the use of conventional hardwired sync cables (manual mode only).
- Accessory port enables the use of vacuum sensor for leaks.
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Built-in leak sensor immediately alerts you to water ingress.
- Tripod screw mount is located on the centre underside of the housing.
- Construction Body: corrosion-resistant aluminium alloy (machined)
- Construction Grip: Corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminium alloy
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 346 x 202 x 140 mm
- Weight: Approx. 2,850g (Housing only)
- O-Ring Set: 62148