New Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam Brings Fluorescence to Your Night Dives
SeaLife - in partnership with Fire Dive Gear - have launched the Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam, a lamp that emits both a regular white light and also a powerful blue light which will cause underwater critters to fluoresce.
A single push-button allows the beam to be switched between a 65°-wide fluorescent blue light to a concentrated, 800 lumen, 15° white light, with four settings for 100% and 50% modes for each light. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery delivers up two hours’ continuous use. An emergency signalling mode is also available.
The blue LEDs emit light between 450-460nm with a dichroic filter to more finely tune the light so that it ‘excites’ the colours of the underwater subjects. The lamp comes with two barrier filters to enhance the view for the diver – one which fits over a dive mask and a second which will attach to a camera with a lens diameter of up to 47mm.
The camera comes with a flex-connect single tray, grip and fitted case allowing for the light to be attached to any compact camera with a standard 1/4-20 tripod mount, although the light head is also available separately for divers who wish to expand an existing lighting set.
Rated to 100m, the battery compartment is isolated so that even if the seal fails, water cannot damage the light itself.
• Switchable dual beams with six CREE XT-E Royal Blue LED’s (450-460nm) flood beam and one CREE XP-L LED white spot beam
• 65° fluorescent wide angle beam and 15° white spot beam angles evenly illuminates the subject with no hot spots
• One button control for easy operation - one button to power light on/off and select brightness
• Four brightness levels: 100% fluoro flood, 50% fluoro flood,100% white spot, and 50% white spot
• Hidden emergency signal mode: 1 second blink interval and SOS Morse code
• 120-minute burn time at full power and constant brightness
• Depth rated to 100m / 330ft
• Easy to expand with Flex-Connect™ trays, grips and Flex Arms, handle, Y-S, ball joint, cold shoe and other accessories
• Quick-release button to detach light and aim in crevices and hard to reach areas
• Includes integrated dichroic filter and two universal barrier filters for your dive mask and camera for optimal fluoro viewing and photography
• Corrosion-proof metal light head for heat dispersion and durability
• Removable 25Wh Li-Ion battery w/ charger and international plug adapters included
• Waterproof battery compartment - even if the o-ring seal fails, the battery compartment is isolated so water cannot reach the internal electronics
• Universal mounting screw fits SeaLife and other brands of underwater cameras w/ standard1/4-20 tripod mount
IN THE BOX:
Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam Photo/Video Light head
Flex-Connect Single Tray with standard 1/4-20 mounting screw
Flex-Connect grip and Sea Dragon Ball Joint Adapter
Universal yellow barrier camera and mask filters with protective cover
25Wh Lithium Ion rechargeable battery
AC Power Adapter, charging tray, and international plug adapters
Spare O-rings, O-ring lubricant, O-ring removal tool
Sea Dragon Case
The Sea Dragon Fluoro-Dual Beam is available at authorised SCUBAPRO dealers.
RRP: £429 GBP
• In the next print issue of DIVE out in June we have a major feature of the science behind marine life fluorescence with some stunning photographs by Louise Murray