New Galileo G2 Dive Computer From Scubapro
In 2007, Scubapro released a ground-breaking new design with its Galileo dive computers - incorporating a heart rate monitor (via a separate chest belt) to increase the personalisation of decompression algorithms for different divers. Ten years later, they have introduced the updated G2 model, now with a full-colour screen.
The air-integrated G2 incorporates much of the original Galileo, utilising the same menu structure, three-button control system and the same functionality that helped to earn the Galileo a reputation as one of the best, most easy to use computers on the market. All available accessories are backwards-compatible with the original Galileo.
The updated colour display is designed to highlight whatever needs your attention most, in a high contrast, user-configurable screen layout. The G2 is among Scubapro's unique collection of dive computers that take heart rate, skin temperature, breathing rate and water temperature into account during a dive - all factors that can affect the at which the human body absorbs nitrogen, and therefore offering peronally tailored no-stop and decompression calculations for both recreational and technical divers.
The G2 offers several different screen presentations that allow you to customise the presentation of the data as you wish to view it - the screen can even be rotated through 180 degrees to position the buttons on the top or bottom as preferred by the diver. To add to the ease of use, the computer offers the ability to display the information in a choice of different languages, as well as your own personalised colour scheme.
The computer is mixed-gas, trimix-compatible and functions in scuba, freediving, gauge, CCR and sidemount modes, making it usable by the full range of underwater enthusiasts, from beginner level to advanced tech.
- Sleek, Swiss design
- Same intuitive menu structure, simple 3-button control system, and diver-friendly functions as the original Galileo
- Full-Colour TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) 2.2in/5.6cm LCD display screen (320x240p).
- Choice of screen display configurations: Light, Classic, Full or Graphical screen options to suit your individual diving style.
- Customised menu listings.
- Multiple Language Choices. Select from more than 19 languages for receiving dive data.
- Predictive Multi-Gas ZHL-16 ADT MB algorithm. Advanced Uwatec algorithm programs up to 8 nitrox/trimix mixes to handle any recreational or technical diving scenario.
- Integrated heart rate monitor. Measures heartbeat and skin temperature and incorporates both into the workload calculations - exclusive to Scubapro
- Heart rate monitor also lets you visually track your heart rate 'real time' to ensure you stay in your individual target zone to maximise your fun and safety at depth.
- Hoseless air integration. Monitors tank pressure plus provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) and allows air consumption to be factored into the decompression calculation. Provides support for up to 11 transmitters when all features are activated.
- Improved, Full tilt digital compass.Includes half-compass rose and bearing memory
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 50 hours of dive time per charge.
- 485MB memory. Stores pictures, tables, tissue loading status, and 1,000 hours of dive profiles.
- USB cable or Bluetooth Low Energy interface. Easily download dive data wirelessly to your phone or handheld device. Download dive data to a PC/Mac using LogTRAK software.
- Fiberglass-reinforced thermoplastic slim-line casing. Ultra-durable & UV resistant.
- Curved ergonomic low-profile shape. Sits comfortably on the arm and resists rotating (integrated bungee mounts are provided for tech divers). Can also be used on a retractor.
- Rugged TR 55 transparent thermoplastic lens protects the full colour dot matrix TFT display. Features a backlight to enhance low-light readability.
- Stainless steel control buttons (3). Accessible, intuitive, easy to use, even when wearing gloves.
- Multiple dive modes. Scuba, Freediving, Gauge, CCR and Sidemount for total in-water versatility. (Freediving, Trimix, CCR and Sidemount modes are disabled from the factory. Activation is easy – no downloading or upgrading is required.)
- Special apnea logbook. Stores repetitive dives sequentially under the same apnea session.
- Maximum operating depth. 394ft/120m for reliable data computing regardless of diving situation.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
Each G2 comes packaged with a Read First manual, a 3M foil screen protector, a USB cable and a retractor clip. The set with SCUBAPRO Heart Rate Belt and transmitter is delivered in a soft box. The G2 is also available without belt and transmitter as well as only with transmitter. Available at authorised Scubapro dealers.
G2 With Heart Rate Belt and LED transmitter: £899
G2 With LED transmitter only: £829
G2 (Standalone): £665