Scubapro's G2 Dive Computer Now Available in Console Version
Scubapro released the wrist-mounted G2 in 2017, an updated, full-colour version of their extremely popular Galileo Sol. The G2 features the same three-button controls, intuitive menu system and heart-rate monitoring capabilities of the Sol, along with some excellent new features.
This month, for divers who prefer their computers mounted in a console, Scubapro has released the G2C. The new release features most of the same features as the wrist-mounted version, with cell-phone style, portrait-shaped screen, adding a full-tilt digital compass into the package.
The screens have been designed to give as much information as possible in a high-contrast, easy to read, high-resolution TFT display. The screens are user-configurable and the colours are designed to attract attention as well as give readings: green for normal, yellow for important, red for warnings. The large buttons are simple to use, even in thick gloves, the casing boot affords protection against bumps and the quick-disconnect fitting allows the computer to be easily detached for travel and data-download
Scubapro offers the only dive computers on the market with the ability to take heart rate, skin temperature, breathing rate and water temperature into account during a dive. No-stop and decompression calculations are re-written as circumstances and levels of physical exertion change, meaning that dive profiles are tailored to the individual diver.
The G2C has a large memory, capable of storing up to 1,000 hours of dive profiles, with a battery that can last up to 50 hours underwater from a full charge. Data download is fully compatible with Android/iPhone/PC/Mac devices through Scubapro's LogTRAK software
G2 CONSOLE KEY FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Cellphone-style screen
- Intuitive menu structure
- Simple three-button control system and diver-friendly functions
- Full-colour TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) 2.2in/5.6cm dot matrix display LCD screen (320x240p)
- See as much or as little as you like. Choice of screen display configurations. Customise your data presentation with Light, Classic, Full or Graphical screen options to suit your individual style.
- Customise menu listings.
- Multiple language choices.
- Convenient quick-disconnect fitting. Allows you to detach the computer from your regulator system for easy data downloading, travel and storage.
- Predictive Multi-Gas ZHL-16 ADT MB algorithm. Advanced Uwatec algorithm programs up to eight nitrox/trimix mixes to handle any recreational or technical diving scenario.
- An algorithm calculates the true remaining bottom time (RBT). It also offers a series of microbubble levels and incorporates profile dependent intermediate stops.
- Integrated heart rate monitor. Measures heartbeat and skin temperature and incorporates both into the workload calculations.
- Improved, full tilt digital compass.
- Rechargeable battery. Provides up to 50 hours of dive time per charge.
- Huge 485MB memory. Stores pictures, tables, tissue loading status, and 1,000 hours of dive profiles.
- USB cable or Bluetooth low energy interface. Easily download dive data wirelessly to your phone or handheld device. Download dive data to a PC/Mac using LogTRAK software.
- Fibreglass-reinforced thermoplastic casing. Ultra-durable & UV resistant.
- Rugged TR 55 transparent thermoplastic lens.
- Ultra-durable casing boot.
- Sleek, Swiss design.
- Stainless steel control buttons (3).
- Scuba, gauge and Trimix modes
- Maximum operating depth. 394ft/120m.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE BOX
The complete G2C comes with a console boot, quick-release high-pressure hose, flexible case protector, SCUBAPRO Heart Rate Belt, Read First manual, 3M foil screen protector, soft box and USB data/charging cable.
The G2C is available at authorised SCUBAPRO dealers.
Manufacturer's recommended price: £980