Hollis Prism 2 Rebreather Receives CE Approval
Hollis Rebreathers has recently announced that its Prism 2 Rebreather has received CE approval from SGS in the UK, and will now be on sale across the EU markets.
The Prism 2 includes options for a front-mounted or back-mounted counterlung, with both variants passing all tests in accordance with EN 14143:2013. With a rear-mounted radial scrubber, the Prism 2 is claimed by Hollis to have the lowest Work of Breathing of any mixed gas CCR, with a rate of 0.94J/l. The standard kit includes an electronic secondary control and primary LED display with a backplate/wing assembly, providing a ready to dive setup straight out of the box.
Tanks and valves are purchased separately, and the rig can be customised prior to purchase using the Hollis Prism 2 Builder.
Hollis Prism 2 Specifications:
- Length: 53.3cm (21")
- Width: 43.2cm (17")
- Depth: 22.9cm (9")
- Buoyancy: neutral
- Weight: approx. 21.3kg (47lb) with tanks
- Scrubber flow design: radial
- Counterlungs: front mount 3.5l / back mount 4.0l
- PO2 set points: Adjustable (0.7, 1.0, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4)
- O2 sensors: 3 galvanic
- Sensor life: s12 months in air or 100 hours dive time
- Heads Up Display: 9V battery-powered sequential LED
- Handset: Shearwater Petrel powered by lithium cell
- Battery Type: 9V alkaline / 3.6v lithium cell
- Battery Life: 40 Hours
- Automatic Setpoint Switch: Yes
- Integrated Weight System: Optional
- Scrubber Duration: 245min at 18m/60fsw, 40F, 1.3l/min CO2, 0.5%CO2 SEV
UK starting price: £8,449.00