Scubapro's New 'Compact and Convenient' Aladin A2 Dive Computer
Scubapro has launched the latest model in its Aladin series of dive computers. The new A2 is 'designed for advanced divers and technical divers who appreciate the compactness and convenience of a wristwatch-style dive computer, but demand the kind of features and functions that enable them to excel in their sport.'
For daily topside use, the A2 offers full timekeeping functions with a 'Sport Mode' that includes a stopwatch, pedometer and swim stroke counter.
Underwater, the A2 features six dive modes including Scuba, Gauge, Apnea, Trimix, Sidemount and CCR, and offers wireless air integration capable of monitoring multiple tank pressures in order to calculate a diver's true remaining bottom time. Heart rate and skin temperature data can be factored into tailor-made decompression calculations through the use of Scubapro's optional HRM Belt.
The A2 can accommodate up to eight gas mixtures using its Predictive Multi-Gas ZH-L16 ADT MB algorithm, with intermediate deep stops and varying levels of conservatism available. Other features include a digital tilt-compensated compass and high-resolution matrix display with four-button menu control.
The A2 is depth rated to 120m.
- Targeted to advanced recreational divers and technical divers as well as CCR divers and freedivers.
- Smart technology wireless air-integration can handle multiple transmitters.
- Air-integration monitors tank pressure and provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) calculations based on the workload from breathing
- Heart rate monitor records heartbeat and skin temperature (with optional Scubapro HRM Belt) that can be factored into the decompression calculation along with workload.
- Digital tilt-compensated 3D compass allows for easy navigation.
- Predictive Multi-Gas ZH-L16 ADT MB algorithm accommodates eight gases (21-100% O2) & 2 in CCR mode.
- PDIS (Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops) calculates an intermediate stop based on N2 loading, current and previous dives and breathing mixes for safer diving.
- Microbubble levels let you adjust the level of conservatism in the algorithm to match your experience level, age and physical conditioning.
- Multiple Dive modes: Scuba, Gauge, Apnea, Trimix, Sidemount, CCR.
- Sport mode offers sport-related functions like a swim stroke counter, activity counter (pedometer) and stopwatch.
- Modern design with full watch functions is perfect for topside time-keeping as well as underwater data tracking.
- High-resolution hybrid matrix display with large numbers is easy to read under water, even in adverse conditions.
- Lightweight design is so comfortable on the wrist you won’t want to take it off.
- Intuitive menu and four-button controls make it easy to navigate through the system.
- Max Operating Depth: 120m.
- Bluetooth Low Energy interface lets you download dives to any iOS or Android device or PC/Mac.
- Firmware can be user-updated by going to scubapro.com.
- CR2450 battery is rated for up to two years/300 dives.
- Included: Protection foil, Quick Card, Arm Strap Extension, Read First (user manual is available online). Optional equipment: transmitter, heart rate belt.
Aladin A2 without transmitter: £495
Aladin A2 with transmitter: £765