New GoPro Launches With Million Dollar Challenge Competion
GoPro has launched the latest in its family of action cameras with the new HERO9 Black, featuring a new 20MP sensor capable of delivering 5K video, and 30 per cent more battery life. Other new features include a new front-facing display, larger rear display and 'HyperSmooth 3.0' video stabilization with in-camera horizon levelling.
'HERO9 Black reflects our commitment to delivering what our customers have been asking for, including more value for their money,' said Nicholas Woodman, GoPro’s founder and CEO. 'HERO9 Black is a beast of a product, and GoPro subscribers can get it for £100 off at GoPro.com while also enjoying unlimited cloud storage of their GoPro footage, up to 50 per cent on everything at GoPro.com and no-questions-asked camera replacement. And we’re not done, with more value adds coming to GoPro subscribers later this year.'
GoPro has also eliminated plastic from HERO9 Black’s packaging and has instead included a bespoke travel case that fits additional mounts and accessories.
'Reducing as much plastic as possible from our business is a priority for us,' said Woodman. 'We’re excited to package HERO9 Black in a high-value travel case instead of traditional wasteful packaging, and we’re committed to doing the same with the rest of our cameras by the end of 2021.'
A new Max Lens Mod accessory brings 'unbreakable Max HyperSmooth video stabilization and low-distortion, ultra-wide Max SuperView up to 2.7K/60fps resolution, and allows for horizon lock even when the camera is rotated a full 360°,' according to the product launch brochure. Other compatible Mods include the Media Mod, which comes with a new removable foam windscreen for its microphone, the Display Mod front-facing view screen, and Light Mod for extra illumination.
The camera is waterproof to 10m out of the box; the 60m-rated underwater housing is avaiable priced at £49.99
HERO9 Black Features:
- New Image Sensor
- Video: 5K/30fps, 4K/60fps, 2.7K/120fps, 1440p/120fps, 1080p/240fps and more
- Photo: 20MP
- New 1.4” front colour display with live preview and status modes
- Larger 2.27” rear touch display with touch zoom
- 30% more battery life than HERO8 Black with improved cold-weather performance
- Removable, rechargeable battery
- HyperSmooth 3.0 with in-camera horizon levelling
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Live Streaming
- 1080p Webcam mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture
- SuperPhoto + HDR Night lapse video
- RAW photos
- Digital lenses
- Voice control with 14 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 microphones with advanced wind-noise reduction
- Stereo + RAW audio
- Larger speaker for improved audio playback
- Removable lens cover
- Built-in folding mounting fingers
- Rugged + waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Compatible with Max Lens Mod, Light Mod, Display Mod and Media Mod for HERO9 Black
HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge
For the third year in a row, GoPro is challenging its users to create the launch highlight reel for its new flagship camera. Open exclusively to owners of HERO9 Black, the Million Dollar Challenge will award an equal share of $1,000,000 to entrants whose video clips are chosen for the HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge video that will be released in December 2020.
HERO9 Black users are invited to capture and submit their video clips for consideration to the HERO9 Black Million Dollar Challenge on GoPro.com/Awards. Submissions close on Friday, December 4.
Hero9 Black: £429.99 / £329.98 with a one-year subscription to GoPro priced at £49.99 annually or £4.99/month