Scubapro Launches New Heads-Up Display, Hands-Free Dive Computer
Scubapro has just announced a new hands-free dive computer with a 'virtual, heads-up display' that mounts on a diver's mask and 'puts important dive information right in your field of vision so you never have to look away and can experience more freedom on your dive,' according to the company.
The new Galileo HUD has a micro OLED screen display designed to be mounted on a dive mask in close proximity to the human eye. Using precision optics, the 'floating' display creates a screen image that appears at a 'virtual distance' of approximately 1m/3ft, allowing divers to monitor their dive date without losing eye contact with their surroundings. The mounting is hinged, allowing the computer to be 'flipped-up' like night vision goggles and removed from the diver's sight line when necessary.
The screen and display is mounted within the housing, rather than conventional HUD technologies which project information onto a separate sheet of transparent material. This ensures that the display is protected and is less affected by variable light conditions underwater. The HUD is positioned just above the line of sight of the diver's right eye, ensuring all dive data is visible and available at all times with an upward glance.
Menu control is via an intuitive push-wheel control that allows divers to access and control the HUD's functions with one hand. Pushing and releasing the wheel turns on the HUD and selects menus, functions and settings, which can be navigated and adjusted by rotating the wheel. Pushing and holding the control returns to previous menus, edits settings, and turns the computer off at the surface. Screen prompts indicate which action is required to perform each function.
The Galileo HUD has been designed to be compatible is compatible with a variety of Scubapro masks, including the Spectra, Spectra Mini, Zoom EVO (with a special mask holder), Synergy Twin, Synergy 2 Twin, Currents Pro, Vibe 2, Futura 1 and Pro Ear.
Galileo HUD Features and Specifications
- Lightweight (neutrally buoyant) and easily mountable to a diving mask.
- Hinge mechanism allows divers to flip up the HUD when not in use.
- Intuitive menu structure and push-wheel interface
- Compatible with a number of current Scubapro masks.
- Full-colour OLED 96x64p display.
- Choice of 2 algorithms: Predictive Multi-Gas Bühlmann ZH-L16 ADT MB PMG or ZH-L16 GF.
- PMG algorithm offers Microbubble levels and Profile Dependent Intermediate Stops (PDIS).
- Selectable dive modes: Scuba, Gauge, Apnea and CCR.
- Trimix and nitrox compatible with advanced CCR functionality.
- Up to 8 selectable gases in Scuba mode, plus Oxygen and diluent gases and 2 changeable set points for CCR diving.
- Compatible with the Scubapro Smart transmitter for hoseless tank pressure monitoring.
- Provides true remaining bottom time (RBT) based on the workload from breathing.
- 3D full-tilt digital compass allows storage of 3 pre-programmed headings.
- Built-in GPS for surface navigation.
- Maximum operating depth: 120m/394ft.
- Rechargeable battery provides up to 20 hours of dive time in Power Save mode.
- 2GB memory stores 10,000 hours of diving.
- Data download via Bluetooth or USB; compatible with Windows, Apple and Android devices using LogTRAK software
Galileo HUD w/o Transmitter: £1,130
Galileo HUD with Transmitter: £1,325
Available at authorised SCUBAPRO dealers. For more information visit: ww2.scubapro.com/en-GB/SWE/instruments/computers/products/galileo-hud.aspx