Atomic Aquatics Set to Launch BC2 Back-inflate BCD in Europe
Following the wide acclaim received by its 2017 'redesign' of the BCD - the BC1 - Atomic Aquatics has launched its all-new version of the back-inflate jacket - the BC2.
Labelling the BC2 as a 'radical design departure from conventional back inflation BCDs' and claiming it as 'the toughest back inflation BCD in the world', Atomic's BC2 is constructed from a double-laminated polyurethane-coated fabric with a matte finish claiming to shed water so fast that the BC2 'is virtually dry seconds after surfacing.' According to Atomic Aquatics press release, the BC2 is also resistant to abrasion, tears and punctures, is self-cleaning and resistant to UV light, staining, chemicals, mould, rot and mildew.
Other features include:
- Atomic's 'EZ-Lok' quick-release weight system, holding up to 10lbs (4.5kg) of weight per pocket
- Ratcheting 'Cam-Lok' tank band and non-slip tank pad, which operates more like a ski binding than a classic nylon webbing and buckle system
- Quilted backpad and adjustable lumbar pad
- Self-sealing 'sand-resistant' pocket zippers
- Titanium-coated stainless steel D-rings
- Low profile trim weight pockets, holding up to 5lbs (2.25kg) each
- Choice of inflator mechanism from stainless or titanium SS1 power inflator or Atomic Octo and AI power inflator
Available in the EU from the end of September
UK MSRP £1099.95